WEST COVINA, CA – September 14, 2015
– E FUN, the second largest vendor of detachables, and fifth largest vendor of tablets in the U.S.*, announces its first 4G LTE Nextbook Android tablets, the Ares 8L and Ares 10L. The Nextbook Ares tablets allow users to go online with Verizon’s largest and most reliable 4G LTE network. Featuring Android 5.0 Lollipop and a quad-core Intel® AtomTM processor, each tablet delivers fast, smooth performance from streaming videos to playing games and browsing the Internet.
Nextbook Ares 8L
Stay in touch everywhere you go with the slim and sleek 8” Nextbook Ares 8L Android tablet. Perfect for users who are constantly on-the-go, the Ares 8L can easily be taken to work, home and everywhere in between so you never miss a beat. Stream videos, check social media channels, play online games and much more.
Nextbook Ares 10L
For those looking to have more versatility and a larger screen, the 10.1” Nextbook Ares 10L 2-in-1 tablet is a great solution. It comes complete with a magnetic detachable keyboard with two standard USB ports, making it easier to type school assignments, emails, or social media updates. Use it as a laptop one minute and a tablet the next!
Shared features of the Nextbook Ares 8L and Nextbook Ares 10L tablets include:
- 1280x800 IPS screen
- Quad-Core Intel Atom processor with 1GB system memory
- Sequans VZ20M EZLinkLTE module certified by Verizon Wireless
- 16GB storage memory
- Bluetooth 4.0, WiFi
- Front and rear cameras
- microSD card slot for expandable memory up to 64GB
For complete product details, please visit www.nextbookusa.com.
Pricing and Availability
The Nextbook Ares 8L tablet is available now at select** Walmart stores for $144, or $4.88 with a two-year Verizon contract. The Nextbook Ares 10L 2-in-1 tablet is available now at select*** Walmart stores for $193, or $9.88 with a two-year Verizon contract. Additional monthly connectivity charges from Verizon will apply.
- “We are thrilled to be partnering with Verizon on the launch of our first 4G LTE connected Nextbook tablets. With the Ares 8L and Ares 10L, users will have access to great online features wherever they go.” – Jason Liszewski, managing director and VP of sales, E FUN
- “We are excited to support E FUN in expanding its tablet offerings, bringing more choices of devices to market with Intel Atom processors that enable great performance, long battery life and slim designs,” – Josh Newman, general manager for Intel’s 2-in-1 and Tablet Segments
- “E FUN has been a very strong vendor in the U.S. in both tablets and detachables in the first half of 2015. We only expect this sales strength to continue through the rest of the year, given their expansion into the connected category with Verizon.” – Jean Philippe Bouchard, research director, tablets at IDC
*Q2 2015 market share as per IDC Worldwide Quarterly Tablet Tracker Q2 2015
**Nextbook Ares 8L is available in 3,526 Walmart stores
*** Nextbook Ares 10L is available in 2,834 Walmart stores
About E FUN
E FUN, a designer and marketer of mobile lifestyle products, entered the North American market in late 2010. Since then, E FUN has grown to be one of the leading tablet brands at retail, achieving top five market share in the U.S. by volume. Its ongoing product innovation and partnerships set E FUN apart from competitors and provide customers with unique out of the box experiences. Its product offerings include Android and Windows tablets, home automation devices, and wearables. E FUN is headquartered in West Covina, California.
For additional information regarding E FUN’s Nextbook tablets, visit www.nextbookusa.com.
All products/services and trademarks mentioned in this release are the properties of their respective companies.
© 2015 E FUN. All rights reserved.