WEST COVINA, CA--(Marketwire - Jun 14, 2011)
- E FUN, a consumer electronics marketer of fun, lifestyle products, has the perfect gift for graduates this month. Take the gift of a pen to a new level with the APEN A2, a standard-shape digital pen that allows users to write and draw digital images on regular paper with normal ink. Graduates of all ages will love the freedom of not needing a computer connection to digitize hand-written notes and images.
"These revolutionary digital pens are the perfect gift for 21st century graduates," stated Jason Liszewski, Managing Director and VP of Sales for E FUN. "They epitomize what E FUN is all about: functionality and fun. They take jotting down notes, drawing and annotation to a whole new level of portability by not requiring a computer. Owners of both Windows and Mac systems can take advantage of these unique digital pens."
A special transmitter and software program allow the pens to digitize handwriting and hand-drawn images with ease. Hand-written materials are converted to digital text, which may be uploaded to a computer as a .jpg file. They can then be immediately shared by e-mail, in blogs or social media sites such as Facebook and Flickr. Tech-savvy graduates will love how easy it is to create and share digital content with the APEN pen.
APEN digital pens, when connected to a computer, also allow users to show their creativity as they can perform real-time computer annotation of digital photos. Likewise, they may be used to mark documents, add electronic signatures to documents and create handwritten e-mails.
The APEN A2 digital pen's key features are:
- Digitizes and records handwriting while the unit is not connected to a computer
- Records up to 100 pages in the receiver's memory
- Photo sketcher for annotating written words or drawings on computer images
- Share photos on Facebook, Flickr and other social media sites
- Works on regular paper
The APEN A2 supports Microsoft ® Windows 2000 (SP4), Microsoft ® Windows XP (SP2/SP3), Microsoft ® Vista, Microsoft ® 7 and Mac 10.5 above.
E FUN APEN's A2 digital pen is available at online retailers with an MSRP of $129.99.
About APEN Technology
Technology for the APEN line was developed by an Israeli company, Pegasus Technologies Ltd. Yifang Digital acquired Pegasus in early 2010. Yifang and Pegasus hold together a wide portfolio of patents, which include about 25 worldwide granted patents and more than 30 others pending.
About E FUN
As its name implies, E FUN is a designer and marketer of fun, lifestyle e-products that are easily accessible. While appreciated by techies, E FUN products are primarily designed for consumers who desire the latest technological products, but are more concerned with what they do, not how they do it. E FUN's ongoing product innovation focuses on making electronics and computing more fun! Initial product offerings from E FUN include the APEN A2 digital pen and Nextbook Android tablets. E FUN is headquartered in West Covina, California.
For additional information please visit E FUN at www.e-funusa.com, APEN at www.APENusa.com, and Nextbook at www.nextbookusa.com
All products/services and trademarks mentioned in this release are the properties of their respective companies.
© 2011 E FUN. All rights reserved.