WEST COVINA, CA – November 12, 2013
– E FUN, a consumer electronics designer and manufacturer of mobile lifestyle products, announced today that new Nextbook Android tablets come pre-loaded with the Movies by FLIXSTER app, the leading movie discovery app on mobile platforms. The new Nextbook Premium tablets are available online and at retail stores nationwide.
The Movies by FLIXSTER app gives Nextbook tablet users easy access to UltraViolet, a cloud-based digital rights collection that gives consumers greater flexibility in choosing how and where to watch the movies and TV shows that they purchase. The Movies app also delivers the latest TOMATOMETER™scores and movies information from ROTTEN TOMATOES™, the web’s most popular aggregator of reviews from top movie critics.
"We are excited to give our customers new ways to enjoy movies by teaming with Flixster," said Jason Liszewski, managing director and vice president of sales for E FUN. "The Movies app transforms the tablet into an entertainment hub that can be taken wherever you go. When partnered with the Google Play Store and other preloaded content, Nextbook becomes a complete experience for today’s mobile consumer."
On Nextbook tablets, the Movies app allows users to:
- Browse current movie listings in theatres
- Watch high quality movie trailers
- Look up show times at theatres and buy tickets (from participating theatres)
- Look up movie details, including film posters, synopses and TOMATOMETER scores
- Browse new and upcoming DVD releases
- Create "Want to See" lists, and rate and review movies
- Access "My Movies" (ULTRAVIOLET Playback) to easily sort and watch movies from a family’s ULTRAVIOLET movie collection
Steve Polsky, Flixster’s General Manager, commented, "E FUN Nextbook tablets are a great showcase for the Flixster experience. With Flixster’s app preloaded on Nextbook tablets, we invite users to explore everything that Nextbook’s capabilities -- in concert with the Movies app -- offer to movie fans… ranging from accessing their UltraViolet accounts to having all the most current information about movies readily at hand, everywhere they go."
About E FUN
E FUN, a designer and manufacturer of mobile lifestyle products, entered the North American market in late 2010. Since then, E FUN has grown to be one of the leading Android tablet brands at retail. Its ongoing product innovation and partnerships set E FUN apart from competitors and provide customers with unique out of the box experiences. Its product lines include the Nextbook line of Android tablets and patented APEN line of digital and touch pens. E FUN is headquartered in West Covina, California.
For additional information regarding E FUN’s brands, please visit APEN at www.apenusa.com; and Nextbook at www.nextbookusa.com.
Founded in 2006 and based in San Francisco, Flixster, Inc. operates one of the world's most popular movie communities, used by millions every month. The company was the first to launch applications that allow consumers to access UltraViolet, an industry standard that gives greater flexibility with how and where consumers watch the movies and TV shows they purchase. Flixster services include destination websites at Flixster.com and RottenTomatoes.com, as well as leading apps on Xbox 360, Facebook, Windows 8, iPhone, BlackBerry and Android–powered devices.
PR Contact for E FUN:
Public Communications/Worldwide (PC/W)
PR Contact for Flixster:
All products/services and trademarks mentioned in this release are the properties of their respective companies.
© 2013 E FUN. All rights reserved.