WEST COVINA, CA – March 30, 2015
– E FUN, the fifth largest tablet supplier in the U.S.*, announces the availability of its first Android 2-in-1, the Nextbook Ares 11, an 11.6” tablet with detachable keyboard. Larger than a tablet yet smaller than a laptop, this versatile 2-in-1 combines the best of both devices. Those looking for entertainment will love its portability and multitude of apps, while it’s ease of use will prove convenient for work. The Nextbook Ares 11 is available now at Walmart stores nationwide and Walmart.com for $197.
Featuring a detachable backlit keyboard, the Nextbook Ares 11 is an affordable solution for students, professionals and casual users. It features:
- Android 5.0 Lollipop with Google Play
- Detachable backlit keyboard with two standard 2.0 USB ports
- 1366 x 768 IPS capacitive touch screen
- Quad-Core Intel® AtomTM Z3735F Processor (X86, 1.8GHz)
- 1GB DDR3L system memory
- 64GB onboard storage memory, microSD supports up to 64GB additional
- Bluetooth 4.0 and WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- 2.0 megapixel front and rear cameras
- miniHDMI, microUSB, and microSD ports
- 9000mAh internal rechargeable battery
Unlike tablets, the Ares 11 comes with a full-sized, detachable keyboard, perfect for getting work done no matter where life takes you. For those more interested in entertainment, the Ares 11 is great for watching movies and TV shows through VUDU or Flixster, playing games from the Google Play store with its 3-axis G-sensor, or reading an eBook from the preloaded Barnes and Noble NOOK for Android app.
The 11.6” screen and 16:9 aspect ration means these entertainment options are all available in high definition. For the ultimate experience, these great features can be enjoyed on the big screen with the Ares 11’s built in miniHDMI port, allowing users to mirror the device directly onto any compatible TV.
- “After the success of our first Nextbook 2-in-1 with Windows last fall, we have expanded the lineup and are very excited to offer consumers the option of the Android operating system as well,” stated Jason Liszewski, managing director and VP of sales for E FUN. “The Ares 11 was built with customer feedback and demands in mind and we believe we’ve hit the sweet spot of features and price.”
- “We are excited to support E FUN to launch its first Intel-based Android Nextbook, building on the success of its Windows 2-in-1s. The new Android Nextbook runs on the Intel Atom processor, which offers great performance and long battery life for both Android and Windows devices, making it easy for device manufacturers to offer consumers more choices for both work and play,” said Josh Newman, general manager for tablets and 2-in-1 platforms at Intel.
- “We are anticipating significant growth in the 2-in-1 market in 2015, and E FUN’s latest Nextbook introduction is a solid offering at a price point that makes the category more accessible to more people,” said Jean Philippe Bouchard, research director, tablets at IDC.
* Full year 2013 tablet unit market share as per IDC Worldwide Quarterly Tablet Tracker Q2 2014
About E FUN
E FUN, a designer and marketer of mobile lifestyle products, entered the North American market in late 2010. Since then, E FUN has grown to be one of the leading tablet brands at retail, achieving top five market share by volume in 2013. Its ongoing product innovation and partnerships set E FUN apart from competitors and provide customers with unique out of the box experiences. Its product offerings include Android and Windows tablets, home automation devices, and wearables. E FUN is headquartered in West Covina, California.
For additional information regarding E FUN’s Nextbook tablets, visit www.nextbookusa.com.
All products/services and trademarks mentioned in this release are the properties of their respective companies.
© 2015 E FUN. All rights reserved.